Leveraging Operational Visibility to Build Future Scalability
TRI-KES, a national distributor of interior surfaces and finishes known for commitment to customer value creation and strong corporate culture, was operating at near-capacity. Committed to maintaining its successful culture, TRI-KES leaders recognized the need for scalability in business, to operate more efficiently in preparation for customer and territory growth. The organization engaged Sendero to assess current technology and business processes to provide recommendations on how they could successfully scale. The end goal was to be positioned to scale rapidly over the coming years.
Watch the TRI-KES Journey
Notice: Trying to get property 'nodeValue' of non-object in /data01/web/senderoconsulting.com/htdocs/wp-content/themes/sendero/template-parts/video-single.php on line 22
Notice: Trying to get property 'nodeValue' of non-object in /data01/web/senderoconsulting.com/htdocs/wp-content/themes/sendero/template-parts/video-single.php on line 23
Client Journey: TRI-KES & the Value in Visibility
Sendero started with a series of interviews with team members to understand their business processes and systems. Based on the assessment of the interview findings, Sendero recommended that the company consider a Business Process Management (BPM) solution.
TRI-KES engaged Sendero to move forward with a Package Evaluation & Selection, which included a Request for Proposal and ultimately the BPM implementation.
- Sendero selected a BPM vendor that would empower client process managers and team members with clear visibility into daily tasks to be accomplished, necessary escalation points on orders, and the ability to take corrective action on orders within the solution
- Sendero ensured the BPM would integrate with the company’s existing IT systems to avoid duplication of data
- Sendero partnered with the company and BPM vendor team members to define detailed functional and technical requirements beyond what was outlined in the RFP
- Sendero managed the vendor through the design and development phase and executed testing and defect resolution efforts with support from the vendor
- Sendero developed training materials, planned and executed communications, and met with team members using the new system to provide post-deployment support
It is unusual to find another company where your values align so closely, but we quickly knew Sendero was the right partner. We knew we needed to reinvent and refine our processes to take us to the next level. The question was how. Each of the Sendero team members brought to the table expertise from all different areas. They evaluated all of our processes, mapped them out and recommended we implement Business Process Management software. And the project has not ended there. The Sendero team has kept this huge project moving when we would have been the roadblock to our own future success.Ken Salyer, TRI-KES FOUNDER & CEO
New BPM dashboards provided:
- Visibility into current company business processes
- Stronger communication between teams
- A foundation for better decision-making
Sendero developed and delivered company-wide communications to share knowledge, provide support, and generate excitement about the new BPM system. New discoveries and feedback from team members resulted in additional enhancements to increase the value to the client users of the BPM and ultimately, the client’s customer.
Documenting the as-is business processes for the BPM implementation also revealed opportunities for process improvement for scalable business, as well as changes to organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities. Sendero continues to partner with TRI-KES to further define opportunities and implement enhancements.